August 9, 2016

Book Review: The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley by Jeremy Massey

The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley: A Novel

The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley: A Novel

The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley by Jeremy Massey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book because it was hilarious and entertaining. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending though. I look forward to Jeremy Massey writing more book and will definitely recommend this one. Like the main character of this novel, Jeremy Massey is an undertaker himself. He writes with experience and knowledge in the field as well as what some of us would consider a dark and slightly twisted view regarding death. Without giving away any spoilers or more than the title suggests, we find Buckley in a dire situation four days before his death. The reader follows Buckley on this adventure and there are many surprises along the way. I think I like this book so much because it was the first book that I have picked up where the author told me, "Hey, the protagonist is going to die in the end." right off the bat. Knowing the Buckley dies makes the book more enjoyable as you try to guess at which point he will finally meet his demise. If you have not read The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley I recommend that you do. It is a simple and quick read but Jeremy Massey proves to me to be an excellent story teller.

View all my reviews

This book is available for purchase on Amazon:
  Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save Save