August 2, 2016

Blogging Tips 101: Just a little inspiration!


I thought I would share a little inspiration today with these blogging tips!


The Problem:

The internet probably changes more rapidly than anything else in the world. During those changes new information is created and old information becomes outdated. There are new ways of getting things accomplished and the old way of doing things doesn't work anymore. When I say old, it could be in the matter of hours, minutes or seconds.

Unless you are willing and able to keep up with this ever changing world you will not succeed in blogging.


Is it actually a problem?

It really depends on how you look at it. Some people who start blogging don't end up making any profit right away and they give up. They stop blogging after a few months an call it quits. Just like anything else though, it takes some time to launch and get off the ground. Just like anything else this is not a get rich quick scheme.

You have to ask yourself a couple of questions:
Do I care enough to commit myself to this?
Is this something that I can dedicate my time to?
Do I feel like I could actually help people with my blog?
Am I willing to do the research and help my self learn all the ins and outs of blogging on my own?

What's the answer?

The amount of time that I have dedicated to this blog is astonishing. The answer is self directed learning. You have to be willing to be constantly learning. Understand that what you learned yesterday may no longer pertain to how things are done today. There is always some nugget of information out there that you will have to find on your own to accomplish your goals. Whether it be how to write a line of code or how to improve your Google ranking, you will never be an all knowing guru. No one knows everything, but there are a lot of self directed learners out there making a steady income from their blogs.


It doesn't happen over night!

Remember this: Patience is key and original content is 150% necessary. You aren't going to start making a great deal of money over night. You will want to throw in the towel. You will go months without writing a word and completely neglecting your blog and it's readership. But do not give up. It is possible and if you dream it you can achieve it.

Check out these videos for a little more information and inspiration!