August 22, 2016

Set it & Forget it: Quick and Easy Crock Pot Meal

Pot Roast for Days!

      Crock Pot meals are my favorite because the prep time is minimal and the end result pays off with enough food for a day or two. You also have meat that is extremely tender and in some cases, falls right off the bone. Meal planning is not my strong suit, but I noticed that crock pot meals do make meal planning slightly easier. Once the meal is done it can be divvied up into containers and set in the fridge or freezer for a later date. So far my favorite thing to cook in my crock pot are roasts and stews. Here is the recipe for my latest hearty crock pot meal!

Ingredients:

Pot Roast 

Mushrooms

Onions

Carrots

Sweet Potatoes

 Minced Garlic

Olive Oil

Beef Bullion

 

Directions:

Chop all veggies. 

Smother meat in olive oil. 

Poke holes in meat with knife and insert garlic in holes

Place meat in crock pot.

Surround meat by veggies.

Cook on HIGH for 8 hours.

     Of course, normal potatoes can be substituted for the sweet potatoes. I used what I had in the fridge in this case. One of my favorite things to do while cooking is throwing together meals based on what weird ingredients I might have in the fridge. I don't really shop for food with a plan laid out for each day of the week and I usually just poke around my kitchen until creativity strikes. Most of the time I get lucky and it turns out delicious as this dish!