October 21, 2011

Featured Artist: Sodacrush

More info and pictures

Jasmyn is an extremely talented wire wrap artist who runs two stores on Etsy and her own blog, and DIY videos on Youtube, all the while being a full time student. I think she keeps herself just as busy as I do! Here is the interview to learn more about her and her art!

Shop Name: Sodacrush
What you like to go by: Family calls me 'Min", it's the last character of my chinese name.
More info and pictures
When did you start your shop? Nov 28, 2010, the day final-year exams that year ended.
Is this your only job? No, I'm (supposed to be) a full-time college student. Though I spend far more time on Etsy than I probably should. I also run another shop on Etsy, and in my free time I write tutorials/make videos which can be found on Youtube.
When did you realize you had this talent? Ever since I was a kid I always loved jewelry, I started making jewelry for sale when I was about 16 and started my Etsy shop two years later.
Where do you find your inspiration? Everywhere! From other artists on DeviantArt and Etsy, from literature/mythology, nature - Sometimes I just start with a long piece of wire and let my mind wander..
Who has been the most supportive of your work? My sister, who even draws adorable fan-art of my jewelry!
What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet? ..Graduate from college.
What are your words to live by or favorite quote? It's never too late to be who you might have been.
More info and pictures


Excerpt from her profile:
My shop was inspired and heavily influenced by steampunk and fantasy themes, so a majority of the items you see here are based in some way on something I have read or seen that has inspired me to create.

I love all things beautiful and handmade, so there are a lot of wire and filigree pieces in my shop.

Enhanced by Zemanta