October 27, 2011

Featured Artist: Imazinerie



AnneMarie makes some pretty amazing things with just strips of colored paper! I had never heard of quilling until I came across her shop! Check out her neat creations and learn more about her craft!

Shop Name: I have named my shop IMAZINERIE... paper imaginaire. I have always loved all the stuff made out of paper ! One's imagination is the only limit !


More info
What you like to go by: AnneMarie

When did you start your shop? I started my shop on Etsy at the beginning of 2011 but I have been selling pieces for 5 years at craft fairs in the province of Québec, Canada. I found it very interesting to have the opportunity to sell all over the world with Etsy : I shipped a decorated box to Australia !

When did you realize you had this talent? I have always been attracted to crafts : crochet, knitting, quilting, embroidery... In 2000, I discovered quilling. This ancient craft is all about precision and patience. You take a piece of paper of 1/8 of an inch wide on a few inches long (could also be 1/16 or 1/4) and roll it on a quilling tool. You then shape the spiral into the desired form : square, teardrop, heart, etc. The last step consists of
More info

putting all the pieces together to obtain the chosen pattern. That could sometimes mean you have used more than one hundred pieces for one pattern ! The special thing about quilling is the dimensions factor : glued on a box or a card, you can put one layer on top of another; you can also create 3D pieces that stand alone.


Where do you find your inspiration? My inspiration comes generally with the answer to simple questions : what do people would like to put on their dresser or what kind of card would they like to send ? For example, what kind of decoration on a box would attracked a man's eyes ? I do some drafts and ask my friends and family members for their advices. I also browse in books about flowers, butterflies, contemporary designs...


More info

My day is never complete without quilling ! I spend hours in my workshop preparing for my fairs, updating my stock for Etsy. Otherwise, I do some volonteer work for the blind once a week.

What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?
I am really blessed ! I have been quilling for the last 10 years or so and I am still experimenting new designs and learning new techniques. The love story is not over yet ! But, there is one thing that I have not yet accomplished : quill a rooster as beautiful as my friend quiller Nina ! Her piece was... astonishing, breathtaking. One day, I will achieve this goal :o)



What are your words to live by or favorite quote? I like Oscar Wilde's very much. But tonight, I will give you this one : One doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we off might win by fearing to attempt. (Shakespeare).
Enhanced by Zemanta