April 30, 2013

10 Easy Steps to Updating Samsung Galaxy S2 Firmware Using Kies!

Google

English: Samsung Galaxy S i9000


I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I wanted to throw it out the window sometimes. I guess that was before I found out there was a firmware update... I was playing around with Kies and it asked me if I wanted to update my firmware for my phone so I obliged. I was intrigued to say the least and I thought that nothing could be worse to how slow functioning my phone was at the time. I was delightfully surprised to see that the new update has a speedier functionality and transitions from screen to screen.
English: The Sprint version of Samsung's Galax...
You can download your Firmware Update for your Samsung Galaxy S2 Using Kies with these 10 Easy Steps!
1. Download Kies to your computer here: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
2. Once installed Kies will restart and might ask if you want to update your firmware.
3. Plug your phone in via USB
4. Update your firmware and look at the cute little android images while updating.
5. Firmware upgrade will take 5-10 minutes so grab a beer and wait for your phone to start back up.
6. After your phone is done updating it will restart. Do not fear, this might take awhile… If your phone looks like it froze just wait longer and continue drinking that beer.
7. This is what Kies looks like while it is trying to connect to your phone
Insert pic here
8. Phone will continue updating and installing applications… This might take awhile, grab another beer.
9. Once phone has finished updating and installing you will have to reorganize your phone over again. This part stinks, but I figure that it will come naturally over about a weeks time to get back to the way I had it before.
10. You firmware is now up graded!

I feel like my phone is now more tolerable and I have prolonged my need to upgrade a little further down the line. It isn't a bad phone after all. I think I was just experiencing some bugs because I didn't have the firmware update! Happy me!